SOLVED

Shared Mailboxes - When replying to a message that is not in the inbox

Iron Contributor

There is an option in Outlook to save the reply in the same folder when you are replying to a message that is not in the Inbox:

Screenshot 2020-11-10 142057.jpg

However, it doesn't seem to work for shared mailboxes. Is there a way to make it work for shared mailboxes?

We are using Office 365 semi-annual channel so everyone has reasonably up-to-date versions.

3 Replies

Hi @John Twohig, no you can't do that in Outlook natively.

It's possible to create a VBA script or (better) an add-in to implement this functionality though.

best response confirmed by John Twohig (Iron Contributor)
Solution

For this (and many other) feature to work, you need to add the shared mailbox as additional account in Outlook (via File > Add account) as opposed to adding it as additional mailbox/automapped.

@Vasil Michev 

Adding the account was the first thing I tried but it didn't work. After I saw your reply, I removed the permission and then added it with

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity shared@xxx.com -User me@xxx.com -AccessRights FullAccess -AutoMapping $false

to get rid of automapping then added the account and it works.

Thanks

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by John Twohig (Iron Contributor)
Solution

For this (and many other) feature to work, you need to add the shared mailbox as additional account in Outlook (via File > Add account) as opposed to adding it as additional mailbox/automapped.

View solution in original post