Setting up outlook on iphone

Copper Contributor

Hello everybody,

Situation: I am using outlook on my laptop which is linked to an external email server client provider, it is Pop, but now I need to set up the same email on my iphone in order to get all the emails that i receive in my laptop to be synced in my iphone... 
I have already tried to set it up as IMAP but it is not working.

appreciate your help. 

4 Replies

@Khaled_ALbably What happens when you try to set it up as IMAP? Does your email server support IMAP? (Most do, but a few do not.)

You'll need to remove the pop account and add it back as imap. The other option is to have the pop account leave mail on the server - it's not a good option IMHO, but if you really, really prefer POP, it works. 

Dear Diane,  @Diane Poremsky 

Thank you so much for your prompt response.

when I set it up as IMAP on my iPhone, it only shows me blank emails, and it never sync the previos emails, but I can sent emails but never receive or get it synced.

I really prefer POP because adding reminders to specific emails is not supported in IMAP.

In more clarification, I use POP in my laptop, but on my iphone, the only option is IMAP as the phone doesn't give options to select (IMAP or POP).

I have heard once that the the POP doesn't support using the same email in different devices (Phones and Laptops).

I really appreciate your support.

Thank you

Dear  @Diane Poremsky 

Thank you so much for your prompt response.

when I set it up as IMAP on my iPhone, it only shows me blank emails, and it never sync the previous emails, but I can sent emails but never receive or get it synced.

I really prefer POP because adding reminders to specific emails is not supported in IMAP.

In more clarification, I use POP in my laptop, but on my iphone, the only option is IMAP as the phone doesn't give options to select (IMAP or POP).

I have heard once that the the POP doesn't support using the same email in different devices (Phones and Laptops).

I really appreciate your support.

Thank you

@Diane Poremsky 

@Khaled_ALbably 

>>

>>

No... but some POP clients won't download mail that is on the server and marked as read, but that is rare with modern email clients. 

You don't receive error messages when you try to sync? If you are using the outlook app on the phone, use the in-app support - it's in the menu, under Help (?)