Set up Microsoft account in Outlook 365 with the same alias

Copper Contributor

Hello All,

I've the Micrtosoft account carlos.martins@ambiene.pt and this it is Office 365 account and Oulook.com account. I configured the two account in Office 365, but the two account doing download the same mailbox. I need that each the account will do download theirs respectives mailbox. Is it possible ? 

I saw that in the Office 365 is possible enable two steps verification, but I can't it.

2 Replies

You should really move away from using the same alias for both MicrosoftID and OrgID, this is no longer supported as detailed here: https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2016/09/15/cleaning-up-the-azure-ad-and-microsof...

Hi Vasil,

Thank you your assistance. Perhaps I wasn't clear. This article not responde my doubts. Everything I want is set up my Microsoft account carlos.martins@ambiene.pt in Outlook 2016. How I sad, this account has two mailbox (an Office 365 Business and an other Outlook.com Personal) and has the same mail address. When I set up this account in Outlook 2016 I did download of the messages the mailbox Office 365, but I'd like download the messages the Outlook.com too. I have been configured it different servers to Office 365 and Outlook.com and I hadn't successful.