Send/Receive error - only when it feels like it!!

Copper Contributor

I am at my wits end with this! I have Microsoft 365, I have updated, cleared caches, got rid of every rule since they really don't work anyway, checked my passwords a million times, cntrl alt delete to turn off anything remotely connected, but when this happens, and I never know when it will be, but always the worst possible time, the only way to get the thing working again is to restart my PC! I thought of trying the new outlook, but then i started reading the posts from people who have!! this is ridiculous! These programs are not cheap, and they should be idiot proof! can someone please stop me throwing my pc through a window? thankyou in advance cheers, jo 

4 Replies

Hi @jo_says_hi,

you can try to remove and then create a new Outlook profile and see if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/remove-a-profile-d5f0f365-c10d-4a97-aa74-3b38e40e7cdd

Create an Outlook profile - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)

@LeonPavesic 

hi, thanks for the reply, i tried that but it didnt work,

got the same error message

OMG and to make it worse, all of my folders and emails are gone. 

please help!

@jo_says_hi 

ok so the emails have slowly come back! 

that was terrifying!

anyone else have this send receive error problem?

Hi @jo_says_hi,

when you re-create an Outlook profile it is normal to see nothig from your E-mails and folders because Outlook is syncronising all your E-mails and Folder from start.

Do you still have send - recieve problem or this recreating an Outlook profile solved it?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)