Search not working for Outlook 2016 on Windows Server 2016 RDSH

Copper Contributor

eHi,

I have a customer with an issue with search function in Outlook resulting in No results found.

It's like this for all users on all RDSH Windows 2016 servers. I'm using loadbalancer (Win2016) and separate Exchange Server running on Windows 2012. Outlook is using online mode. Exchange server has been restarted with all services running well. Domain Controller network adapter was not showing domain connection but after restart of NlaSvc it did. 

It was working fine until 3 days ago. No new updates have been installed for 20 days on any of the servers.

Any suggestions?

1 Reply

Hi @DennisLarsson 

I've seen this before where the the content index has failed on the Exchange server. 

On the Exchange server, open up Exchange Powershell and run the following cmdlet

Get-MailboxDatabaseCopyStatus * | ft -auto

If any of your databases show up as failed or suspended, then search will not work for users.

clipboard_image_0.png

If this is the case, fix is pretty easy. Stop a couple of services, delete the content index folder, then restart and give it some time to rebuild.

The following link has more details. It's for Exchange 2013 but should apply to other versions. Let me know if you need any more info.

https://practical365.com/exchange-server/fix-failed-database-content-index-exchange-2013/

Cheers,

Mark