Search bar issue in Outlook 365

Brass Contributor

Unfortunately a new problem has occurred in Outlook (since I installed the new Windows version May 2020 the problems are multiplying).
The search bar that was usually in the following position has disappeared (see image):

cerca_outlook.png

And instead it is now at the top of the Outlook window (see image):

Ashampoo_Snap_venerdì 12 giugno 2020_06h43m45s_001_.png

I can't move it in any way but the biggest problem is that I can't use all the search fields I used before this problem anymore.
Can someone help me?
Thank you all!

3 Replies

That's by design and cannot be changed. And yes, there are few known issues with limited functionality, Microsoft is working on addressing those.

@FCatalano 

Microsoft made changes in Outlook Search which are for them logical somehow. Yet they forgot that people are using Outlook .... let me rephrase that: they ignored the fact that people are using Outlook. There have been a LOT of negative comments about this since April 2019 when this was announced. Even the Inside testers were negative yet Microsoft ignored it all and now there is a literary rain of complaints about it.
You can give your feedback of this change on https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/322590-outlook-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/3904...  ... you will also see that you are not alone: on that page, but also here on this forum, there are many many complaints about this change.