Recent Emails Disappear

Copper Contributor

Using Outlook with Windows 365 and Optimum.net as my email server. Yesterday, for the first time, no emails received after October 2021 showed up in my inbox. Over the course of the day, new emails would appear but without my seeming to do anything, they would disappear. All emails appear on the server using the optimum email tool.

Deleted the account, closed Outlook and added the account back (IMAP). At first, all emails appeared. Then after a few minutes, they disappeared again.

There are three accounts under our one optimum account - my wife's, mine and a joint account. ONly mine is having this issue.

Synchronization of my subscribed folder seems to be taking a long time (longer than for the other two accounts).

I've deleted many of the larger files and am down to 774,960 KB versus 3,513,578 KB for my wife's and 1,221,983 KB for the joint account.

How do I retain my most recent emails on my Outlook client?

4 Replies

@jonathannye 

I just started having the same problem.  I'm thinking optimum changed something on their end!??!  It's extrememly frustrating!

@jonathannye 

I am having the same problem. no answers found on internet. frustrating me and wasting my time.

@jonathannye 

After I posted my first reply, I added my Optimum account again, but as a POP account. The new account received all of my Optimum messages as new emails, and they remain in the inbox (more than 40,000 emails).

The initial Optimum account, the one with the disappearing email problem, is an IMAP account. I don't know which side, Optimum or Outlook, is  causing the emails to disappear from the IMAP inbox, or where the emails are going. I have other IMAP email accounts(Gmail and Outlook) in the same Outlook 365 application, that are not having the problem.

For now, I will keep the Optimum account as a POP account.

@Almartin61 Thanks for the follow-up. In my case, my three client-side accounts are IMAP accounts and only one is having an issue.

Created a rule to move all incoming mail to a separate folder. In Outlook, all the mail gets forwarded so I see them there. On my phone (Apple Mail) it varies. Some recent email shows up in my "Inbox", and some end up in the new folder!

As all this was going on, I recreated my email accounts in Outlook. Somehow, I've ended up with a hole in one of the other accounts where I have no sent emails on either the optimum server or my Outlook client from June 2022 to February 2015.