Premium Features: Messages undeliverable to Custom Domain

Copper Contributor

Hello Community,

I recently set up a custom domain (mylastname.cc) through GoDaddy and connected it to my Premium Microsoft account.

No error messages throughout the setup process, DNS entries were automatically populated in my go daddy account.

I then added an email alias (ie ***@domain.com) and tried sending some test emails to my new domain from my work email which coincidentally is on O365 for business.

Messages never arrived and after a couple hours, I received an automated O365 alert to my work email that indicated delivery failed.

Asked some friends to send over some test emails and with the exception of people on iCloud, all attempts eventually bounced back to the sender.

I have gone to the extend of completely removing the domain from my personal O365 / Premium account, along with the DNS settings in GoDaddy, waited 48 hours and went through the same process to setup the domain on premium all over again.

Same problem persists.

Would love to hear some theories and suggestions on how to contact Microsoft because unlike O365 for Business, there really isn't a whole lot of settings you can tweak in the consumer premium portal.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply

So I've done some investigation and testing and everything I've read points to this being caused by misconfigured DNS.

When I originally setup the domain, the DNS settings were pushed into GoDaddy via the wizard on the O365 Family domain config portal.

If anyone out there has a custom domain setup under O365 Family, I would be forever grateful if you could share your DNS settings, minus the confidential stuff please.

Thanks in advance