'Personal Folder' was not closed properly.

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I still used Microsoft Outlook 2007 for my email and my Personal Folders now is a huge size file.

Since a month ago every time i start my Microsoft Outlook in first opening its always show a message: The data file 'Personal Folders' was not closed properly.  This file is being checked for problem...

I have run SCANPST.EXE and repaired it, thats nothing error found, but aftar i restarted the pc and run Microsoft Outlook again, its show the same notification again.

How can i solve this problem?  someone help me please.... Thanks.

1 Reply

Hi Haryanto61,

In this case here's a simple way to fix it:

• Make sure you're closing Outlook properly each time you use it. Abruptly shutting it down can cause problems like this.
  • Sometimes, extra things you add to Outlook can mess with how it works. Try turning off any add-ons you have and see if that helps.
  • Even though you've already used SCANPST.EXE to fix the file, the problem keeps coming back. Check out this this forum thread for some more insights regarding to your issue. 
  • Also follow this blog which talks about the solution or more ways to repair your Personal Folders in Outlook 2007.
  • Make sure your Outlook 2007 is all up-to-date with the latest updates. Sometimes, old versions can cause issues like this.
  • If nothing else works, you might want to think about moving your stuff to a newer version of Outlook or even trying a different email program. That could solve the problem for good.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need more help.