SOLVED

People are trying to login to my email 100 times a day (minimum) -

Copper Contributor

I don't now if my e-mail and password is easy access for the internet. But I have 100+ login attempts daily on my e-mail. They type in the wrong password and further I have 2 factor authentication. 

My question is if I can set a limit on login attempts every hour or so?

BR

Peter

1 Reply
best response confirmed by PeterSHarder (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @PeterSHarder,

unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't offer a direct way for individual users to set specific login attempt limits on their personal Outlook or Microsoft accounts.

It is important that you have a long and complex password, and as you mentioned MFA enabled.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PeterSHarder (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @PeterSHarder,

unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't offer a direct way for individual users to set specific login attempt limits on their personal Outlook or Microsoft accounts.

It is important that you have a long and complex password, and as you mentioned MFA enabled.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)

View solution in original post