OXtender plugin not working with OUTLOOK v-1702, build 7870.2013

Copper Contributor

As email exchange protocol I’m using Open Xchange. The Open Xchange server links to Outlook 2016 through the OXtender plugin. Yesterday I updated my Office package to v-1702, build 7870.2013 and from that moment the plugin prevents OUTLOOK from starting. No specific error message is provided.

The OXtender plugin is on version 7.2.22812.

Is anyone else having this issue, and is there a workaround?

many thanks for all replies, cheers

4 Replies

I'm not familiar with the plugin, but in general you can revert to a previous version of Office Click-to-run install by following the steps here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2770432/how-to-revert-to-an-earlier-version-of-office-2013-...

Thanks for the advice, I rolled back to v-1701 (build 7766.2060) and I'm back in business... :)

However, it's a pity I cannot make use of new Preview Insider versions until there’s a solution (either from Microsoft’s end or Open Xchange), unless there’s a way to keep OUTLOOK on the current version, while the other apps move on with newer versions.

Any idea whether that’s possible? cheers

Nope, you cannot single out individual applications. But if you've chosen to use the Preview builds, you shouldnt be complaining about thing getting broken from time to time, it's pretty much a beta test :)

ha... thanks for your swift reply 

note: I'm not complaining... not at all... hoped to run with the hare and hunt with the hound...