Outlook signature button

Copper Contributor

The user is using Outlook 2019. When clicking on the signature button Outlook does nothing. When I log in and open Outlook I am able to use the signature button.

Things I have tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling office
  • repair office
  • made Outlook the default app in windows settings
  • did the registry editor deletion method
    • 0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046
  • The Microsoft Office Desktop apps doesn't exist on the computer
3 Replies

@njohnson2410 

Here are a few more things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check if the user's Outlook is fully updated. Make sure that the latest updates and patches have been installed.
  2. Try running Outlook in safe mode. This can help determine if the issue is caused by an add-in or extension. To do this, press and hold the CTRL key while clicking the Outlook icon. When prompted, click "Yes" to start Outlook in safe mode.
  3. Check if there are any conflicting software or security settings that may be blocking the signature button. Temporarily disable any security software such as antivirus or firewall and check if the signature button works.
  4. Try creating a new user profile on the affected computer. This can help determine if the issue is specific to the user's profile or if it is a system-wide issue.
  5. Check if there are any third-party add-ins or extensions that may be causing the issue. Try disabling any add-ins that are not essential and check if the signature button works.

@njohnson2410 

If the Signature button in Outlook 2019 is not functioning for a specific user, despite attempting various troubleshooting steps, here are a few additional suggestions:

1. Check Outlook add-ins: Verify if there are any third-party add-ins installed in Outlook that might be interfering with the Signature button. Disable any add-ins temporarily to see if the issue is resolved. You can access the Add-ins settings in Outlook by going to File > Options > Add-ins.

2. Create a new Outlook profile: Sometimes, issues with the Outlook profile can cause functionality problems. Try creating a new Outlook profile for the affected user and see if the Signature button works in the new profile. To create a new profile, go to Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles, and then click on "Add" to create a new profile.

3. Run Outlook in Safe Mode: Launch Outlook in Safe Mode to check if any conflicting factors, such as add-ins or extensions, are causing the issue. To start Outlook in Safe Mode, press the Windows key + R, then enter "outlook.exe /safe" in the Run dialog box.

4. Check for updates: Ensure that Outlook and the associated Office suite are up to date with the latest patches and updates. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements that could address the issue. You can check for updates in Outlook by going to File > Office Account > Update Options.

5. Repair Outlook data file: Corruption in the Outlook data file (PST or OST) can cause various issues. Run the Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe) to repair any potential corruption. The tool is typically located in the Office installation folder. For example, the default location for 32-bit Office 2019 is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16".

If the issue persists after trying these steps, it may be necessary to involve your organization's IT support or contact Microsoft support for further assistance. They will have access to more specific troubleshooting tools and resources to help diagnose and resolve the problem.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved
If you like my response, please give it a like

Thank you for the response. Sadly none of the solutions worked so we have decided to erase the person's account from the PC