Outlook Shared Address Book

Copper Contributor

I have 4 PC's in an office location each having Outlook 365 installed.  I would like to make is such that these 4 PC's can update one Address Book rather then having me tell them to go add/update/delete a contact which is local to their PC.  Is there an easy way to have a "Shared" Address book where these 4 individuals that update a 'central' address book?

5 Replies

Hi @SunilM  - You can create a new contacts folder (under the default one) and share it with others. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/share-a-contacts-folder-with-others-ce5a40d1-bc9f-4f5d-a2...

Regards

Dhruva

Hi @Dhruva_Kudva - thanks for your reply.

What version of Microsoft 365 account would I need to share contacts and calendar? The one that I currently have is Microsoft 365 family. Will that work or do I have to upgrade/move to a different version.

Hi @SunilM - I don't believe the version of Office matters. You should be able to share with any version.

Regards

Dhruva

Hi @Dhruva_Kudva - We want to be able to share the Contact with others within our office and also have them make add/changes to the 'shared' Contacts as well as a 'shared' Calendar.

Based on the article you sent, I think this has to be a "Microsoft Exchange" account and the one we have is using POP/SMTP which is being hosted by iPage.

@SunilM - Yes, it requires an Exchange account. I am not sure if there is a way to share using POP accounts. Maybe someone else here might be able to help.

Regards

Dhruva