Outlook Search not showing Recent Emails (December-2021)

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

The outlook search option stopped working properly after WIndows10 update.

The issue has happened after installing a security update from Windows (December 14, 2021—KB5008212).

I had tried re-building the Indexing but it was same. Once the issue started I had searched for the solutions and finally found that recent Windows update has created the issue. I had uninstalled that particular update and the search issue was fixed.

So let us know when the fix will be available for this bug?

KB5008212 Update- Uninstall.jpg

381 Replies
any updates from MICROSOFT ?????????????????????????????????????????????
Maybe it 's time to Thunderbird

@VineeshKV88 

is there any solution from any direction regarding the outlook mail search / indexing option. we have the same issues as well

applying the latest patch fixed our mail search issue, but broke the address search

Another user posted this. Don't know if it works.
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-fixes-outlook-search-issues-for-windows-10...

don't know why this link doesn't work but see below... looks like the same link 

For some reason, the above is not a good link.

Corect one:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-fixes-outlook-search-issues-for-windows-10...

Enjoy!

(Basically it is a normal win10 update process)
I have the same problem as all of you. I have to rebuild the Search Index every day so I can search the last emails. That's very annoying.
I will never understand how Microsoft miss this programming failures in widely used programs such as Outlook, and I understand even less how they take so long to solve it.
Please Microsoft solve it fast!!!!
I have the same issue.

This is being ongoing issues since November i for one can not understand why this bug cant be fixed i have done all recommended fixes and still i sit with a search in outlook that does not work properly, this in turn causes that i cant do my work for the business and my Boss is about to terminate my contract!?! i wonder if there is a law suite i can follow to hold Microsoft liable for this loss if i do get terminated.

only for a short while
my pc got fixed with update KB5009467

Hi All,

Here are some steps our Outlook Support Team pulled together for implementing the Known Issue Rollback.  

1. Download and Install the MSI file corresponding to the impacted Windows 10 version from (see links under Group Policy), https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/status-windows-10-21h2#2778msgdesc

1. The successful install of the MSI file will lay down the ADMX and ADML files in the “C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions” folder:

GabeBratton_1-1643221797624.png

1. Now Open the Local Group Policy Editor via Start->run->gpedit.msc

1. Navigate to Local Computer Policy -> Administrative Templates -> KB 5007253 Issue 002 Rollback -> Windows 10, version 2004 20H2 and 21H1

Double Click on the policy Setting on the right labelled “KB####### Issue XXX Rollback”. This will open the policy and you should see the below screen

The default setting is “Not Configured”.

Change the value for the KB 5007253 Issue 002 Rollback policy to “Disabled" then click "OK" to disable the regression

1. Reboot the device for the changes to take effect

GabeBratton_0-1643221761450.png

@VineeshKV88, I temporarily solved the issue via applying the workaround described on Outlook Search not showing recent emails after Windows update KB5008212

The issue was completely gone after I got the cumulative update January 11, 2022—KB5009543 (OS Builds 19042.1466, 19043.1466, and 19044.1466)

hello are these creators creative? Is this a temporary solution?@Gabe Bratton 

I've try the Known Issue Rollback in 30 PC (using GPO policy deployment) and in all computer work fine. This night I apply the KIR in all domain computer (we hope well !!!)

@svitlo 

"The issue was completely gone after I got the cumulative update January 11, 2022—KB5009543 (OS Builds 19042.1466, 19043.1466, and 19044.1466)"

Hello,

I have this update and still my Outlook won't show newer emails. :(

Anyone please help. :)

@JovanG, have you tried the workaround described on Outlook Search not showing recent emails after Windows update KB5008212?

I had been using it for several days before I rolled it back. I did only today, by the way.

i have the  same issue this is at most the most frustrating event i have ever lived through 

@JovanG