Outlook search field does not search in subfolders

Copper Contributor

Hi 

After the new update of Office, and the relocation of the search field, I, and several colleagues, are experiencing that when we use the search field, it only searches in our primary inbox and the subfolders of that. It does not search in inboxes that the user have been given the rights to (see/administrate, send on behalf and send as).

We have tried to rebuild the index, and made sure that it was indexed completely, no luck. 

I have also tried to stand in the extra inbox, in order to search in that, but it still only showed the mails from the primary inbox. 

2 Replies

@mmej19 I am having the exact same issue. It's like the search subfolders options have disappeared from everything for shared mailboxes. How can Microsoft overlook this? And it has been an issue for what looks to be at least 2 years! I can't even add the subfolder search option to the ribbon as it's still greyed out. Searching subfolders is critical in shared mailboxes! 

So after hours with IT - the fix was to create a new outlook profile and set up the mailbox using by adding the account. I had previously added the account BUT for some reason the profile was blocking it from having the same search functionality. So in the newly built profile adding the account instead of the mailbox to the existing personal email works the best.