SOLVED

Outlook Search busted again after Catalina upgrade?

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

I've run into a problem that, after some research, I discovered has been encountered before with Mojave.  Ever since my upgrade to Catalina a few days ago, search in Outlook 2016 has quit working.  I've been online and have tried everything I found - forcing Spotlight to re-index that folder, completely rebuilding the Spotlight index, deleting Outlooks SQLite db and letting it rebuild.  I even removed Outlook (including all data) and re-installed.  None of it has it worked.  I did notice, however, that Spotlight searches themselves worked just fine.

Is this a known regression? If so, does anyone know if it's being worked on?  If not, where do I need to report the bug?  (or if anyone knows a workaround, I'm all ears (eyes?).)

1 Reply
best response confirmed by MCJason (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I worked with MS support and found a solution that fixed it. I had uninstalled Outlook and deleted all its data, but that didn't fix it. They recommended removing the entire Office suite and deleting the data, then re-installing the whole thing. That solved the problem.

So... in case somebody else runs into this problem, this is at least one way of fixing it.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MCJason (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I worked with MS support and found a solution that fixed it. I had uninstalled Outlook and deleted all its data, but that didn't fix it. They recommended removing the entire Office suite and deleting the data, then re-installing the whole thing. That solved the problem.

So... in case somebody else runs into this problem, this is at least one way of fixing it.

View solution in original post