Outlook - OWA in 365 - display settings changed overnight by Microsoft - why?!?

Copper Contributor

Hi

I use Outlook on 365 in Chrome to access emails. Have done for many years now. 

this morning my display view is much much smaller. Has Microsoft changed something?!

I tested in Edge (which I never use for email) and it's exactly the same smaller display.

I tested in Chrome on my virtual pc and it's exactly the same smaller display too

I literally have white space down the bottom of the folders view, when I never did before. It's not the compact/cozy/roomy view either as I always run in compact - changing to roomy gets the folders to move back, but then the rest of the messages are all spread out like crazy and the emails are super spread out - urgh! 

so, not my pc, not my browser, but is my email

what is Microsoft up to?! this is seriously screwing up my viewing now, as I can't adjust the 100% view in Windows display to fix this as it breaks everything else.

all my other web pages are fine, and my zoom in Chrome is still 100% as it's always been

not happy today.

Roger 

3 Replies
the folders and subject lines fonts are much smaller than the font in the actual emails.

Hi @rogerfinch ,

it is possible that something changed in the Layout settings. Check it out.

Adin_Calkic_0-1651145059529.png

yes, I've been through this too. seems that the roomy option is the most like what it was, but the folders are spaced out too far on this one.

I do hate it when they keep playing with the design. it's bad enough following the admin portal changes.

and I'm not going to use the Outlook desktop app - it's not 1990!