SOLVED

Outlook Login not responding after 2FA enabled

Brass Contributor

My company enabled 2FA last night and this morning I went to launch the Outlook 365 Desktop Application for Windows 10 and it never loads the window asking me to log in. It just stays blank and (not responding).

I have actually let this window stay open for 2+ hours.
I have rebooted the machine multiple times.
I went into Credential Manager and removed everything related to Office and Outlook.

The only thing I have yet to really try is Uninstalling and Reinstalling the application, but I feel like that is not going to resolve the issue.

I was hoping someone had some suggestions or has run into this issue.

I attached a screenshot to this post.

Thanks!

ChuckCoggins_0-1628878465323.png

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ChuckCoggins (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I was able to resolve this issue.

I opened up a couple of other Office applications on my computers such as One Note and Teams.
Both of these apps required me to log in and use 2FA.
Once I logged in to both of those apps I decided to try and re-launch Outlook and it did NOT prompt me to log in. (I don't know if that is a good or bad thing.) I was able to open Outlook and use it so I am happy.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ChuckCoggins (Brass Contributor)
Solution

I was able to resolve this issue.

I opened up a couple of other Office applications on my computers such as One Note and Teams.
Both of these apps required me to log in and use 2FA.
Once I logged in to both of those apps I decided to try and re-launch Outlook and it did NOT prompt me to log in. (I don't know if that is a good or bad thing.) I was able to open Outlook and use it so I am happy.

View solution in original post