Outlook iOS white screen after company sign in redirection

Copper Contributor

Good Afternoon,

The Outlook iOS app has started redirecting users to a blank white screen after attempting to sign in with their Office 365 company email addresses.  It won't pull up the adfs sign on page. We can sometimes fix this by reinstalling the app or rebooting the phone. This started about 2 weeks ago. Is anyone else experiencing this. How can I prevent this from happening on our remaining 1200 devices?

Thanks!

5 Replies

@robert_shields I started experiencing the same problem a couple months ago.  The workaround for us was to install either The OneDrive app or Sharepoint app and sign in.  Those apps don't appear to have that issue.  Once you sign into one of those apps re-open Outlook.  It should see your account now you you can add it without having to redirect to ADFS.  

@robert_shields I am having this issue for all Office 365 iOS apps (Outlook, Teams, OneDrive, etc.) I recently changed my password on my work laptop, which is linked to my Office 365 account. I figured I would have to re-login in to all my apps with the new password but when it came time, no success. I was able to enter my email, and it recognized my company, allowing me to enter in my password but once I did and clicked 'Sign In', it took me to a blank white screen and nothing ever happened.

@brentmattson Unfortunately, the workaround did not work for me as this has affected all O365 apps, and not just Outlook.

@robert_shields @TJ_autoeng @brentmattson 

I am getting the same issue. I am a new employee at my company and have installed the authenticator app and successfully linked my new employee information with it. Whenever I try to set up the Outlook app, Teams app, or add my account information to my iPhone settings to link my work calendar on my phone, I get a blank screen where all it says is "cancel" or "get codes" at the top. When I first add my work email, it recognizes it and brings me to my work log in screen. After logging in, it goes back to the authenticator app and then it stops working, just loads for a little, and then a blank screen. When I click cancel, I get an "oops there was an error message" from Microsoft. I can click get codes, I can copy codes, but there is no where to paste them or do anything with those codes. I am tried deleting my apps and re-installing all of them including re-setting up my authenticator multiple times, and restarting my phone. My work IT admin has been unable to figure it out either after they verified multiple times that my log in and MFA set up was correct, and when I contacted Microsoft Support, they said they couldn't help me because it was my work's problem, but I don't think it is.

@teal_724 We have had exactly the same issue. Since rolling out MFA, people are now finding that when they click into their outlook IOS app it is just coming up blank.

We have uninstalled and reinstalled to no improvement.

Did this get resolved?

This is an old post but couple weeks ago one of our users had the same issue (just one user). He did receive a blank screen after signing in. OneDrive was not the solution. Accessing Outlook on the Web and deleting all Outlook entries under Mobile Devices solved the problem. Hope it helps someone.