Outlook Groups Calendar Overlay

Brass Contributor

Does anyone know if it is by design or a bug that Outlook 2016 does not "remember" that you set your Outlook Group calendars to overlay? As soon as I switch away from the calendar view, the Group calendars snap back to the right. My other internet calendards remain on overlayed. 

Thanks!

6 Replies

Has there been any solution to this?  I have read a couple of messages pertaining to this issue but have not seen a solution.

I have not yet heard or seen anything.

Is there something we can do to expedite this.  This has been an issue for quite some time.

This appears to be fixed in version 1809 (build 10827.20138) when the "Coming Soon" features are enabled, but would love to hear confirmation from someone else as well.

Odd:

I am finding this to be a bug when "Coming Soon" is turned ON.
When I turn OFF "Coming Soon" my Calendar Overlays are remembered...

Also noticed others chatting about this same issue here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/ocalendar-oimportcal/calendar-overlay-not-stay...

My fear is that this is a new problem, that will not be addressed.

I am trying to stay positive, however all these small "quirks" with Outlook has me considering moving away from Microsoft.

As an end-user, I do not feel that there is no way to get things fixed - unless someone just happens to notice postings on a blog, and hopefully they will do something about it...

@Tim Gagne wrote:

This appears to be fixed in version 1809 (build 10827.20138) when the "Coming Soon" features are enabled, but would love to hear confirmation from someone else as well.

Very strange. I have not tested with the "Coming Soon" off so I don't really know if, for me this is now working because of the version or the preview features. I just know that up until this version (Currently 1809 build 10827.20150), where I turned preview on right away, group calendars now remain overlaid after leaving the calendar tab and/or exiting Outlook. I do also hope we get some consistency in this soon as I agree small bugs like this really do affect the users willingness to pick up new things such as Group Calendars.

Thanks!