Outlook Group Conversation Help

Copper Contributor

I love the "grouped conversations" in Outlook.  

After I have flagged the original email, more people will respond to the email chain.  When I come back to the flagged email, I double click the flag to open the email; however, it does not show all the conversation - just the email that I flagged.  Is there a way to quickly find the entire conversation related to this email without digging through my entire inbox?

3 Replies

HI @Hamann316 

I am an independent advisor responding to Outlook inquiries.

I use group conversations as well, so this post caught my interest. I tested your scenario on the Business Standard MS 365 application on Windows and Online. I was able to receive an email, flag a message, and other replies stayed with the group conversation. In fact, the entire conversation was flagged. See images below.

Teresa_Cyrus_0-1665127919913.png

Teresa_Cyrus_1-1665127927718.png

As a work around, you can search on the subject to review all relating messages.

Couple of additional things you can do:

• Make sure you have the latest app version, if so 
  • Ask your IT team to use the Repair Tool

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as the best response or like it which will assist others with the same question.

/Teresa

#traccreations4e

@Teresa_Cyrus - thank you.  I have all of my flagged emails on the right side of my inbox to find them easily.  (Under View --> Layout --> To-Do Bar --> Tasks) When I open one of the flagged emails (tasks) on the right - it does not open the entire conversation.  Is there a way to easily jump to the entire conversation via this method? 

@Hamann316 

OK I understand.  I am away from computer. I will test it over the weekend.  

Stay tuned