Outlook for Mac Sync Errors

Copper Contributor

Hi, I have been getting error messages every 2 minutes for quite a while now and I don't know how to resolve them. I called my ISP and they said these are Outlook errors, so I am hoping you can help:

1) Error code: -17193: "The total attachment size exceeds the limit. Try removing one or more attachments before saving or sending". 

I get this error for 2 emails that were sent some months ago, where a person sent us some documents that were quite large and we tried to forward them to someone. I can't find these emails to delete them to stop this error code. The message in the Sync Errors log gives us the message subject of the 2 emails.

2) Error code: -50 'The message could not be sent because it has unresolved recipients'.

Thank you.

3 Replies

@LloydP 

Hi there, 

I see that there has been no response to your query for such a long time and I feel that you may have already resolved the issue but for the people hitting these errors and not able to resolve the issue, you may try the below - 

1) Error code: -17193: 

This is usually caused due to an email stuck in your mailbox during synchronization (it can be an old one), hence, you will need to check for the email subject mentioned in the error message under Tools > Sync Error and depending on your requirements, you may either delete it or drag and drop to the On My Computer section which ensure that the email will not synchronize with the email server (if you cannot see On My Computer section, navigate to Outlook Preferences > General > uncheck On My Computer). If this does not resolve your issue, you may probably have to search your email account for any emails with a bigger size - 
a. Tap on the Outlook Search bar at the top right corner.
b. The search tab will be open on the ribbon.
b. Click on attachments -- greater than 10 MB.
d. This will open up a search bar. In that change the size from 10000 to 30000 (depending on your attachment size).
e. Under the 'Search' tab on the ribbon, change the selection to "All Mail" - 4th button from the left.
f. Once you locate all the emails with huge size, either delete them or again move them to On My Computer section (depending on your requirement)

2) Error code: -50: 
This error message is probably due to an email address in the email which you sent does not exist or is incorrect. The best way to figure this out will be to resend the email once again by manually typing in the email addresses and check if it gets resolved.

Hope this will be helpful for the community.

@Rumon_Sinha 

Thanks Rumon, that is very useful. I appreciate your help.

Hi I have this error code - can you please help?

10 Emails getting 17193 Error code (every single minute of every single day)
2 Emails from me (small files & receivers had no issues opening)
8 Emails from others (I had no issues reading & opening attachments)
All 10 emails have small files sizes (I have sent & received emails w/ bigger files)
Did Search ALL MAILBOX for attachments over 30,000 but there are NO emails

I know the error code says it's a file size issue, but I know for a fact it is NOT a file size issue.

What files (cache? cookies? something else?) do I delete in the two folders below?:
This path: Library - Containers - Microsoft Outlook - Data - Library
Also: Library - Mail - V9
I have tried deleting the .log file in the Diagnostic folder and nothing happens.
Please help me find what file to delete.