SOLVED

Outlook emails go to Outlook.com instead of Outlook for Windows

Copper Contributor

Hi, I could use some tech help please. I do not use Outlook.com at all because I prefer my Outlook for windows. With that said, somehow my emails started going to Outlook.com and I cannot view them in my Outlook for windows (desk top). I don't know if sync is the correct term for this but I'm missing important emails. 

Can someone help me fix this? And thanks so much for your support!

Nancy

3 Replies
best response confirmed by nanmart (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@nanmart 

In what way do you have your Outlook.com account configured in Outlook for Windows?

The recommended method is to configure it as an Exchange account. It will then fully sync your mailbox, including the Contacts and Calendar folders. All your data will then also remain available when using Outlook on the Web.

For instructions to configure your Outlook.com account in Outlook for Windows see; Adding an Outlook.com account to Outlook 

Thanks so much Robert! I did not configure Outlook and the information you provided is very helpful. You're the best!!!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by nanmart (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@nanmart 

In what way do you have your Outlook.com account configured in Outlook for Windows?

The recommended method is to configure it as an Exchange account. It will then fully sync your mailbox, including the Contacts and Calendar folders. All your data will then also remain available when using Outlook on the Web.

For instructions to configure your Outlook.com account in Outlook for Windows see; Adding an Outlook.com account to Outlook 

View solution in original post