Outlook email account not recognized

Copper Contributor

Hello.

Looked at my email accounts on my iphone and noticed one of my outlook accounts had an error icon beside it.  Tried and couldn't retrieve messages.  Got on my desktop to try and login and I got the error:

"Try entering your Microsoft account again. We don't recognize this one."

I sent a test email and got the following delivery failure notice:

550: 5.5.0 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (S2017062302). [DB3EUR04FT028.eop-eur04.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Inbox folder was last updated April 14/22.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

7 Replies
Thanks but that solution is too advanced for me.
FYI, at the same time is says the account is not recognized, when I try to create a new account with the same email address it states the account is already in use.

@Villianx 

I understand, please try to analyze it maybe these steps will solve the problem:

Fix Outlook.com email sync issues (microsoft.com)

Thanks but none of it applies. I'm trying to login through login.live.com.
Hi Andrzej. What's the work around on this. I'm guessing account locked due to inactivity due to lack of sent emails, even though i do receive. Is there a number I can call or chat line other that one that tells me to go online and try and solve the problem? Thanks.
For everyone’s info, should you come across this in the future, none of the above worked. Called Microsoft store (yes, cheated) and end result was to fill out an account reinstatement form online, provide as much info as I could and see if they would re/open. Whatever reasoning was used to decide whether to reopen an account, didn’t work for me.