Outlook duplicates deleted Google internet calendars

Copper Contributor

I have a standalone Outlook (and Office) installation on a laptop, connected to 2 Exchange email accounts at academic institutions. Both email accounts also have an Office 365 access mode, but I do not use it. 

I add a Google calendar to the Calendar using a shared Internet Calendar link https://calendar.google.com/calendar/...... etc

I previously had difficulty connecting this Google calendar to Outlook, and I had deleted this internet calendar in the past. At some point, Outlook finally accepted this calendar.google.com link and allows me to view the updated calendar according to calendar event changes occurring from the Google app.

But now, upon every close and open of Outlook, this deleted Internet Calendar re-appears as an inactive calendar. When I click on the check box for showing the calendar, a window pops up saying "This operation cannot be performed because the object has been deleted". When the OK is clicked, the Internet Calendar object disappears.

This sounds ok at first: a method to remove the calendar. But the issue is that each deleted calendar creates another new inactive/deleted Internet Calendar upon the next close-and-open of Outlook. At first there was 1 instance of this, then 2, then 3, and now I have hundreds of these inactive/deleted Internet Calendars that are broken and disappear when I remove them one-by-one. Let's say that I have 101 of these instances right now of inactive/deleted Internet Calendars upon opening Outlook again. When I close and re-open Outlook, I will have 102 instances, even if I manually deleted them before closing.

Something is wrong that Outlook is not permanently deleting this Internet Calendar and preventing it from duplicating.

I have already tried removing the pst file and have used the Repair Office feature. There is no success so far. Please advise how to get rid of this issue. Thanks! 

0 Replies