Outlook Disconnects when switching between wireless and wired

Iron Contributor

Running into a problem with a single machine. We have nearly 2 dozen Surface Laptops in the office. All handled by Intune MDM including Autopilot (Windows 10 1809).   One machine continues to have problems connect to Exchange via Outlook 2016 (Outlook 365) every time the person switches to wireless (mobile) to wired (Surface Hub). Outlook states it is connected to Exchange, but emails sent are placed in the Outbox and are never sent until the user closes and relaunches Outlook. I have already deleting the personal Outlook Profile and recreated. All users are Office 365 with EOP Mailboxes.  No other user has this problem, which seems to rule out any local connectivity issues.   Hard to imagine this being a hardware issue but since these are all basic installs, I am not for sure what steps I can take to resolve the issue. I am tempted to do a reset but I really only want to do that as a last resort.  Any ideas? 

2 Replies

@Jeff Harlow  Are you still having this issue?  We have several users that are experiencing this as well.  They are on Dell laptops, so I dont think it is limited to the Surface platform.  Could be related to an Office update?

I havent heard from the user, but last I heard, yes.  Just the one user has reported the problem so far. That said, she is more portable than most. 

@FryDaddy6