Outlook desktop client renders email preview differently onClick and onUpdate

Brass Contributor

I have noticed several emails with HTML tables that render one way when first clicked, and after the screen updates the email render a different way. There are lots of ways to make the screen to update,  such as by changing the zoom setting, adjusting the preview window size, or adjusting the folder pane.

If the email is not cached locally to an OST file, it appears the same when first clicked, and after the screen updates.

If the email is viewed in OWA, it appears the same way when first clicked, and after the screen updates.

If the email is viewed in a different email client, it appears the same way when first clicked, and after the screen updates.

When the issue was reported to Microsoft through M365 Service Request #‎28351235‎, the assigned techs, their tech lead, and their manager all say this is by design, and to share my feedback here. I do not understand how any rational person could say it's normal for outlook to behave one way in this specific scenario, and differently in all the the other scenarios.

0 Replies