Outlook 2019 Security Alert for "Certificate"

Copper Contributor

When I start Outlook, it starts to check send/receive mail...but I typically get the this security alert. (File is attached)

I have tried "install certificate"  for the "current machine"...and let the certificate import wizard "automatically select" a certificate store.  

It says the "import was successful".

BUT...I still keep seeing the security alert again and again, when I start up Outlook.

(BTW....the email account is my MS Exchange account at work....which is secure.)

Otherwise it gets the mail and info for that account when I hit "proceed"...but why do I keep getting this security alert.  Is there a way of telling Outlook that this account is OK, and not to warn me over and over again?

7 Replies
I would check if this is somehow related with your network. Anyway, you can disable the warning but probably that's not the best idea. Have a look into: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3211279/outlook-2016-implementation-of-autodiscover

If you want to disable it here is the regkey:
Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover
Value: ShowCertErrors
Default: 0
Data: 1 = Show certificate warnings/errors; 0 = Don't show certificate warnings

@Ricardo Viana 

You're right, fiddling and disabling warnings in the registry are probably not the best idea.

I know this network (my large employer) is secure, I wish there was a better fix or workaround....

I meant to say something related to the network (DNS, proxies, firewall...), not that it isn't secure.

Take a look into this article, if you haven't done it yet: https://support.microsoft.com/pt-pt/help/2772058/the-name-on-the-security-certificate-is-invalid-or-...

Otherwise, I guess the best way to have it sorted out is opening a support ticket with MS

@DaBoo123 

Is there any update on this? We have also got similar issue.

@syogesh1122 

I tried to edit the register under the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover.
However on my system there is no "AutoDiscover" key.
How do I switch off the annoying error msg about a certificate? 
I tried to install one but the message keeps coming up...

I have 13 email accounts coming into Outlook and don't do email receiving in the background, so I get prompted THIRTEEEN TIMES every time I check email! It's excruciating. I tried the SupressNameChecks, SuppressNameChecks, and ShowCertErrors fixes, even adding them to each other's keys (both Security and AutoDiscover). None of them worked. Please oh please can someone tell me how to suppress these 13 cert popups every time I check email?

@Ricardo Viana 

Hello 

you explained how to disable  the pop up outlook certificate , please advise where can I find Data 1 on your instruction and do I type 0 on the default ? thank you . 

Daisy