SOLVED

Outlook 2019 emails blank after Windows 10 update KB5003173 20H2

Copper Contributor

All of my Outlook 2019 emails are blank, with no text and only a little bit of graphics after installing the May 11th update.  Please advise!  Thank you!

8 Replies
Hi @SanatMichaelWilson
a lot of people are currently having this problem, check out their threads:
I guess you can mark this question as solved, since MS doesnt even knows an answer yet :D
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/office-365/help-microsft-outlook-365-blank-emails/m-p/2346435
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/outlook/outlook-email-messages-and-images-not-showing/m-p/234...
I am going crazy for the past 2 hours. I tried everything and nothing worked. At least it seems it is Microsoft's problem as many have the same issue.

I'm having the same issue.  Checked with a couple other people and they are too.

Started happening at around 1pm this afternoon.

Can no longer use outlook to send messages.  Text disappears after pressing the enter key.

@Schnittlauch 

I had the same issue, you can go to the latest update installed today and uninstall it - KB5003173.

Outlook started showing full messages again.

mkalnoochenko_0-1620780461678.png

uninstall the latest update (KB5003173) and it outlook will start loading full messages.

@mkalnoochenko 

I am having the same issue and can find no one to help. 

best response confirmed by SantaMichaelWilson (Copper Contributor)
Solution

For some reason, my emails are NOW SHOWING! (as of 9:08PM eastern time)  Prior to this, I had run a Quick Repair & Online Repair, which actually blew out my entire installation of Outlook.  I logged back into my Subscriptions to reinstall Office 2019 and the apps came back, but I still had blank emails...until just now...hours after I had attempted to fix it.  The emails seemingly came back on their own!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SantaMichaelWilson (Copper Contributor)
Solution

For some reason, my emails are NOW SHOWING! (as of 9:08PM eastern time)  Prior to this, I had run a Quick Repair & Online Repair, which actually blew out my entire installation of Outlook.  I logged back into my Subscriptions to reinstall Office 2019 and the apps came back, but I still had blank emails...until just now...hours after I had attempted to fix it.  The emails seemingly came back on their own!

View solution in original post