SOLVED

outlook 2016 gmail account user or password not accepted

Iron Contributor

hi,

i have been a few days with my laptob away from the office using my outlook without problems.

when i got back to the office yesterday, oultook can not access my gmail account and i have not changed anything.

can someone tell me why is this happening?

Thank you in advance, Juan

12 Replies
HI Andrzej1,

thank your for answering.

I think that google considers since May 30th, 2022 that Outlook 2016 is not a secure program...
No - it is normal that they want a 16 digit password or 2FA.

@A1 

My existing password is above 16 digits

For some, it helps to change the password and set 16 digits .
unfortunately I don't have Gmail synced with Outlook so I don't have my own examples.

@A1 

Thanks again. 

Unfortunately, no way to use outlook 2016 and this free gmail account.

@juan jimenez 

You can easily add a Gmail account to the Mail app for Windows10 - it works reliably - synchronization is automatic .
Of course this is not Outlook, but it works, please write what you think?

@A1 

Hi, I checked mail for w10. Thanks for reccomending it! Never thought it existed...

Unfortunatelly, i prefer to try to see how can i make Outlook 2016 work with Gmail...

I Hope that this misunderstanding between Gmail and his users can be repaired.

@juan jimenez 

You can fill out this form directly to Google Support – I wonder if you get a solution?

Less Secure Applications - Google Account Help

To continue using your Outlook you will have to enable two-step verification in Gmail and add an app password. Use that password for logging into Outlook.

@JohnPiper 

Hi John, thank you for your answer.

This is Outlook 2016, not an app. How can I put an app password in Outlook 2016? in the account settings i can have only 1 password which is the gmail password that I always had.

I hope you can keep on helping.

Gracias, Juan

best response confirmed by juan jimenez (Iron Contributor)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions