SOLVED

Org explorer in missing in Outlook

Copper Contributor

Since we have the new appbar in Outlook the app Org explorer is missing. 

Does anyone know how to solve this so that the org explorer is visible as an app in Outlook?

apps outlook.jpg

6 Replies

@Durk Oberman I have the same problem, tried to open it today and I discovered that it is missing from the outlook shortcut bar.

@menegator it seems this problem is nog so big because there are almost no reactions :sad:.

So who can help us so we can use the org explorer in Outlook.

Is there no one who knows anything about this? Not even from Microsoft itself? If no one responds with any knowledge, a tech community Outlook makes little sense either.
Hello Durk, I just opened a ticket in MS. You need to have a viva license in order for this to work and not to be disabled by the administrators. We have the viva subscription so I will check with my admin team that this is not disabled.

Hi @menegator, that solutions sounds good. We have an E5 with Viva so that is no problem and i am also admin. Did they mention were te look?

I found this article: Introducing Org Explorer | Microsoft Learn. The article tells me there is specific set-up process for Org Explorer.

best response confirmed by Durk Oberman (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello Durk,

The support guy told me firstly to check the OWA and if org explorer is also missing from there to ask my admins it this is turned off from the admin center. You can find their reply below:

If the org explorer is not showing up in the Outlook application, it's possible that it has been turned off from the admin center. You may confirm this with the IT administrator of the organization.

⮞ Also, please login to the OWA (Outlook Web App) using any web browser and check if you can access the org explorer through OWA.

OWA link: https://outlook.office365.com

⮞ If you are unable to see the feature in OWA as well, please do get in touch with the Microsoft Business Support team using the steps provided below.
"If the org explorer is not showing up in the Outlook application, it's possible that it has been turned off from the admin center. You may confirm this with the IT administrator of the organization."

If still this is missing then to go to MS Business support

If you are unable to see the feature in OWA as well, please do get in touch with the Microsoft Business Support team using the steps provided below.

• Go to the admin center.
• On the bottom right side of the page, select Help & support.
• Enter a search term, for example “Org Explorer”.
• Select Contact Support at the bottom of the page.
• Enter a description of your request, confirm your contact number and email address, select your preferred contact method, and then select Contact me.
The expected wait time is indicated in the Contact support pane.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Durk Oberman (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hello Durk,

The support guy told me firstly to check the OWA and if org explorer is also missing from there to ask my admins it this is turned off from the admin center. You can find their reply below:

If the org explorer is not showing up in the Outlook application, it's possible that it has been turned off from the admin center. You may confirm this with the IT administrator of the organization.

⮞ Also, please login to the OWA (Outlook Web App) using any web browser and check if you can access the org explorer through OWA.

OWA link: https://outlook.office365.com

⮞ If you are unable to see the feature in OWA as well, please do get in touch with the Microsoft Business Support team using the steps provided below.
"If the org explorer is not showing up in the Outlook application, it's possible that it has been turned off from the admin center. You may confirm this with the IT administrator of the organization."

If still this is missing then to go to MS Business support

If you are unable to see the feature in OWA as well, please do get in touch with the Microsoft Business Support team using the steps provided below.

• Go to the admin center.
• On the bottom right side of the page, select Help & support.
• Enter a search term, for example “Org Explorer”.
• Select Contact Support at the bottom of the page.
• Enter a description of your request, confirm your contact number and email address, select your preferred contact method, and then select Contact me.
The expected wait time is indicated in the Contact support pane.

View solution in original post