OL 2021 Creates Unnecessary File, Win 11

Copper Contributor

I routinely open inbox order confirmation messages and change the subject line / header so I can move the message to my “Orders Outstanding” folder (see pics). Then I can view this folder and easily find the message pertaining to an order.

I get the message in the pic, have to create duplicate email, and then delete it. How can I stop this from happening?

Thanks

ORIGINAL MESSAGE AS RECEIVED

1 As Received.JPG

BEFORE SAVING CHANGES

2 Before Saving Changes.JPG

TRYING TO SAVE

3 Trying to Save.JPG

ORIGINAL AND CHANGED

4 Original and Changed Message.JPG

ORDERS OUTSTANDING fOLDER

5 Orders Outstanding.JPG

7 Replies
That is most likely caused by the gSyncit add-in keeping a lock on the item. Try it again with the add-in turned off (and restarting Outlook after that).
Robert, thanks much for your reply. I disabled gSyncit in Manage Com Add-ins, restarted and still have same issue. Any other suggestions?
Do you have any other add-ins installed?
Can you repro the issue in Outlook Safe Mode?
Are you using an Exchange account type or POP3, IMAP or a custom account type?

@Robert Sparnaaij 

Thanks again for your help.

My mistake. It might be gSyncit. Give me some time and I will get back to you.

@TPerk100 

Problem is not gSyncit.

Here are my add-ins. I use OL 21 only locally, no cloud or one drive, on my desktop, and colaborate with no one. Do I really need any of these add-ins?
Using IMap. And yes, same behavoir in Safe mode.

Com Add-ins.JPG

@Robert Sparnaaij 

Any other thoughts / suggestions?

You'll get a similar error if you try to move IMAP messages after reading them..., read another message and come back to one you want to move and it works.

I tried that with editing the subject and this worked: mark the message as read, then read or delete another message or two, now go back and open and edit the subject.