Office 365 | Outlook for Mac | Sorting Issue

Copper Contributor

Hello,

In the latest version of Outlook for Mac, running Ventura 13.4, I am having an issue where when I search for an email from someone in deleted items, hundreds of emails appear. If I sort by From and it groups that sender together, only three emails show. Any ideas?

Thank you,

2 Replies

@ARamirez81 

If you're experiencing a sorting issue in Outlook for Mac, specifically with emails from a particular sender appearing differently when sorted by "From" compared to when searched, there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Clear the search criteria: Before sorting the emails by "From," make sure to clear any existing search criteria by clicking on the "x" button in the search box. This ensures that you're sorting all emails in the selected folder, including the deleted items.

2. Check the sorting order: Verify that the sorting order is set correctly. In Outlook for Mac, you can click on the column header, such as "From," to toggle between ascending and descending order. Make sure you're sorting in the desired order to see all the emails from the sender.

3. Adjust the view settings: Sometimes, view settings can affect how emails are displayed. Try adjusting the view settings in Outlook for Mac to see if it resolves the issue. You can customize the view by going to the "View" menu, selecting "Arrange By," and choosing "Custom."

4. Rebuild the Outlook for Mac database: If the issue persists, it may be necessary to rebuild the Outlook database. This can help fix any underlying issues that could be causing the sorting problem. To rebuild the database, close Outlook and then hold down the Option key while reopening it. You will see the Microsoft Database Utility, where you can select the database and choose the "Rebuild" option.

5. Update Outlook: Ensure that you're using the latest version of Outlook for Mac by checking for updates. Microsoft regularly releases updates that address bugs and improve performance, so updating to the latest version may resolve the sorting issue.

If none of the above solutions resolve the problem, it may be worth contacting Microsoft Support for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your setup and investigate the issue in more detail. The text was created with the help of AI.