Office 2016 Search

Iron Contributor

I have a few users that have noticed when searching for a contact  they get results that contain the keyword they are searching for but also get a bunch of other contacts that do not have the keyword.

I have been fighting this with MS for some time with no explanation or resolution.

Anyone encounter this behavior?  IT happens in OWA and the OL Client.

5 Replies
Hi Christian

What kind of keywords are your users using?

Where are the contacts sourced? Dynamics CRM? Input themselves, etc?

Cheers
Damien

Contacts are in Outlook,  when the user searches for himself because he has a contact for himself with info he uses regularly.   When the he eneter his first name he gets tons of other hits.  I export one of the contcts that came up and they in no way had his first name anywhere in the contact card.  I could not understand why the contact would come up if the keyword was no where to be found.  MS is still spinnig their wheels on this.

Hi Christian

I've had something similar happen to me before so maybe check for the following.

Look at the contact card of someone that is appearing in a search that shouldn't be there.

Check each field for any space bar characters as you may find that an app (e.g. Dynamics CRM) has added or amended data to a contact card and has put heaps of spaces where it doesn't appear when you view the card, but shows up in searches as the keyword is out of sight.

That one drove me nutsy for a while before I worked out that there were tons of blank spaces pushing the text out of view.

I hope that helps?

Cheers

Damien

Didn't think of that I will look into this, thanks for reply!
Happy to help. Let me know how you go and if this solved the issue?

Best wishes
Damien