New OUTLOOK - RESEND OF EMAIL - OPTION NOT POSSIBLE

Brass Contributor

In the NEW OUTLOOK – resend of already sent email is not possible why? In Older version of Out Look resend of already sent email was possible, and also when the resend is clicked the send email opens up – so that any changes in email already sent, is needed can be made or altered – this is an excellent option. Hence I request you to re-introduce RESEND Option ( one the resend is clicked the already sent message should not go automictically, manual sending option to be given – so that any changes need to make in the already sent email is corrected , and then manually I can send the email . Thank you, Regards, Meenakshi, Mumbai, India

48 Replies

@C_Robertson I went to MS Genius Bar this morning re opening a new folder (fault was new folder in grey and so unable to use) and resend. Nice people but had no idea of issues so had not been kept up to date on New Outlook.

Will go back to old outlook and only use New Outlook when need to use BCC which has been limited in numbers of send addresses in old outlook.

Reminds me of 30 years ago when Apple used to release updates and we all learnt not to download them for 6 months as it took that long for Apple to sort out the issues.

In this case MS just dropped New Outlook on me and I had no option on when to actually choose it. Surprisingly amateurish or non professional.

@Meenakshi17856  Have you realized that you can re-send a message on new Outlook for Mac if the message stays in "sent" box?  If you once move the message from "sent" to archive etc. and bring it back to "sent", you can no longer re-send it, but as far as the message stays in the "sent" box, you can click that message and click "Message" from the menu bar, then "Resend" shows up as the 5th option. (I am not satisfied, though. I usually move messages from "in" or "sent" to other folders to organize them within a day.)

@GeniusSDBRI you must be on the old version of Outlook for Mac, as the new version doesn't allow messages to be resent, as you can see from the screenshot below.

BenchmarkGraphics_0-1649405089866.png

GerryMDB_0-1649429274727.png

The option is there finally, just go to sent items, then click on messages on the top menu, then the 5th option down. If you don't see it, maybe you need to check for an update. The above is using the "new" Outlook (as there is no option to go back to the "old" one anymore. 

@BenchmarkGraphics My Outlook for Mac is v16.59. As I wrote before, "resend" is available only for messages that have stayed in "sent" box. 

'Resend This Message' is missing from Windows version as well...
From which Windows version?
Win 10 pro 22H2 with MS 365 apps for business.

@puneetshr 

You are probably looking at the "new" outlook experience on the Windows Outlook. 

Turns out they removed that feature. If you click on support they state: 

Unable to find 'resend this message in new Outlook for Windows':

Thank you for trying the new Outlook for Windows. The feature "resend this message" from the sent items, is being considered for a future release.

You have to turn off the new version from the top-right toggle. Until they force us all to use the new experience, then we're screwed. 

@Victor Ivanidze Your a version back, update to latest and lose Resend

Hi @Randdon1, you are correct. Unfortunately... 

I'm disappointed. I use the resend button often, it's one of the most used features of outlook in my case. bring it back

@Meenakshi17856 

This is an incredibly frustrating loss of functionality. It could not have been a very large feature that needed to be removed. It also seems the Recall feature (even if it didn't always work as some intended) is also missing. 

I can't believe it. Outlook should be a productivity tool. Without the resend function, it is far from that.
We don't need bling bling, we need a work horse.

@Meenakshi17856  Just tried the upgrade to the New Outlook on my Windows Desktop. Didn't find a Resend option. Thankfully was able to toggle to the old version and it switched back really fast.

@PeterP1412 I have been switching back to the legacy version for months because they do not have the ability to create groups or to resend group emails. But now I cannot find any way to toggle back to the old version. Really frustrating!!!

on the Mac, did you try going to "outlook" next to the apple and clicking on "New Outlook" which should uncheck it? This better keep workint, because I am in no way ready to use the new outlook, given this important missing feature! Why is this taking years to enable?
As above.
I have tried to have legacy features restored to New outlook nearly 3 years ago now. Gave up on a simple bulk email issue and creating new folders. Quite a non-professional exercise by Microsoft. Should leave Outlook as is, no need for New Outlook. My suggestion is to not think about changing to New Outlook. The advice above should work.

@C_Robertson  Why on earth would Microsoft remove useful features from the new version of Outlook?

This isn't the only feature. In the old version, you could select a list of filtered emails, sort by sender, right click the heading and delete all the messages. This was quite useful. Not a thing anymore. Who randomly decides to remove time-tested features? Also, no indication as to where one can check for the current version or apply updates. You can find the version in Settings > General > About Outlook but there is no indication as to whether the version is current.

The new version uses less resources but the lack of long-standing features is not a good move.