SOLVED

My own mail-signature to a shared Inbox

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

I have acces to the shared inbox of the company I work for. It is from an outlook/exchange e-mail-adress. My trouble is I can't find how to put my own e-mail-signature in there. I work in the web-version, log in in my own account and via 'open shared inbox' I open the page with the other inbox. That is totaly okay by me, but when I write an email the signature of my colleague appears and I have to manually change the name. I can't add a second signature and obviously I do not want my changing the email-signature to make hers change too. 

Is there any way we can both have our own email-signatures in the shared inbox?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by AnneVoorburg (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@AnneVoorburg 

There are a few methods to make it work. If you add a shared mailbox as a second account, you should be able to choose it in the signature settings later on. But that works only for the desktop Outlook. Learn more.

For Outlook on the web, I'm afraid it's not possible to have more than one signature for a mailbox (even a shared one), so the only way to handle it would be to change the signature every time, or use a 3rd party tool.

Hi @AnneVoorburg,

have a look at RightFrom add-in - it will solve the problem.  

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AnneVoorburg (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@AnneVoorburg 

There are a few methods to make it work. If you add a shared mailbox as a second account, you should be able to choose it in the signature settings later on. But that works only for the desktop Outlook. Learn more.

For Outlook on the web, I'm afraid it's not possible to have more than one signature for a mailbox (even a shared one), so the only way to handle it would be to change the signature every time, or use a 3rd party tool.

View solution in original post