SOLVED

Modern Attachments - Cannot set perms

Iron Contributor

Since updating my Office 2016 bits to 1709 Build 8528.2139 I am unable to attach/set permissions on a file in Outlook (Desktop) from my OneDrive for Business site. My Colleague also has the same issue with the same build. The error that I receive is in the attached screenshot and says: "An error occurred while updating permissions for 'Document.docx'. Retry | Dismiss" This worked fine before upgrading the Office bits. I tested on a VM running 1708 Build 8431.2079 and it still works as expected. It also works fine in Outlook Web. As a work around, I can click the drop down for the file and set permissions then click retry and it works.  I first reported this problem to MS Premier support on 10/17/17 but have not been provided a resolution.  I have since updated my Office bits to 1710 (Build 8625.2121)  and the issue persists.  I found someone having a similar issue here - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46725044/outlook-spo-email-attachment-permission-error-with-acti... Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

AttachmentPermsError.PNG

22 Replies

Confirmed fixed for me also. Thanks @Mike Tilson!

@Stephen Rice this issue has appeared for us today. 

Office 365 E5 customer with Office 365 ProPlus clients installed (v 1710 - Build 8625.2139).

PowerPoint presentation was being attached to an email message using 'Attach File > Recent Items' menu in the 'Include' ribbon.

Also received failed upload errors from documents saved in SharePoint Online Office 365 groups.

Hi @Justin Reading,

I believe this issue is fixed but I'd suggest chatting with support to verify that your client has the fix in the update. I'm not familiar enough with the Outlook release cadence to troubleshoot here. Thanks!

Stephen Rice

Program Manager II