Meeting series disappeared in organizers calender

Microsoft

Hi,

This is Sean from Geneva Actions team, and I am writing to ask help for an issue with my calendar. A meeting series are disappeared from my calendar and I am the organizer of this meeting series. Is there a way to get it back rather than create a new series? I don't want to deprecate it because our team has many valuable discussions in that channel. Could you give me some suggestions/instructions on how to fix it?

Thank you very much!

Sean

4 Replies

@Sean_Tong 

Here are some general troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Refresh your calendar: Sometimes, the disappearance of a meeting series can be due to a temporary synchronization issue. Try refreshing your calendar by closing and reopening it or by syncing it manually to see if the series reappears.
  2. Check your deleted items: It's possible that the meeting series was accidentally deleted. Look for the meeting series in your deleted items or trash folder. If you find it there, you can restore it to your calendar.
  3. Search for the meeting series: Use the search functionality in your calendar application to look for the specific meeting series. Enter relevant keywords or the names of participants to narrow down the search. It's possible that the meeting series got moved to a different location within your calendar.
  4. Check other devices and platforms: If you access your calendar from multiple devices or platforms, such as a smartphone, tablet, or web browser, verify if the meeting series is visible on any of these other platforms. It's possible that it's still present on one of them.
  5. Contact your IT support: If you're using an organization-wide calendar system, such as Microsoft Outlook within an enterprise, reach out to your IT support team. They may be able to assist you in recovering the missing meeting series or provide further guidance.
  6. Restore from a backup: If you or your organization regularly back up your calendars, there may be a chance to restore the missing meeting series from a backup. Consult your IT support or system administrator for assistance with this process.

Remember to inform your team members about the issue, so they are aware of the potential loss and can help in finding a solution. Additionally, consider creating a new meeting series or scheduling individual meetings to ensure that your team's discussions can continue even if the original series cannot be recovered.

@NikolinoDE 

These are not really addressing the problem. It is a recurring problem, where the meeting the organizer has created is missing only from organizer's meeting. The metting is not deleted, it is still active in participants' calendars, and room resources locked. And the invite in sent folder, but impossible for organizer to accept to get it into calender, since he/she is the organizer. There does seem to be a "bug" somewhere. The meting is gone on all devices and types of devices. So seems like an Exhchange bug.

Totally agree with @Morten_HP . I have the same issue and meeting is not visible in my calendar but it is in all attendee's calendar. I cannot edit or delete it and I cannot see it on any platform. It is an reoccurring meeting so it is really annoying I cannot just delete and rebook it. Please help!

@Morten_HP 

If the issue persists despite the general troubleshooting steps, and the meeting series is consistently missing from the organizer's calendar but visible in participants' calendars, there could indeed be an issue that requires more advanced investigation. Here are additional steps you might consider:

1. Outlook Web App (OWA):
    • Check if the missing meeting series is visible in OWA. Sometimes, issues can be specific to the Outlook desktop client, and OWA provides an alternative view.
  2. Cached Mode:
    • If you are using Outlook in Cached Exchange Mode, try turning it off temporarily and see if the meeting series reappears.
    • To disable Cached Exchange Mode, go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings. Select your Exchange account and click "Change." Uncheck the box for "Use Cached Exchange Mode."
  3. Recreate Outlook Profile:
    • Consider recreating the Outlook profile. This involves removing the existing profile and setting up a new one. Make sure you have necessary account information before doing this.
  4. IT Support Assistance:
    • Reach out to your IT support team again, providing them with detailed information about the issue.
    • If possible, ask them to check the Exchange server logs for any errors or anomalies related to the missing meeting series.
  5. Exchange Server Investigation:
    • If you have access to Exchange Server logs or have an IT team that manages the Exchange Server, investigate if there are any logs or errors related to the missing meeting series at the server level.

It may also be possible that the problem you are experiencing is related to updates, either to the Outlook client or the underlying Exchange server. Software updates can sometimes introduce unexpected behavior or uncover existing bugs. Here are a few considerations:

1. Check Release Notes:
    • Look into the release notes or update documentation for the version of Outlook you're using. Sometimes, updates include information about known issues or bug fixes.
  2. Temporary Glitch:
    • Occasionally, a specific update might cause a temporary glitch. If the issue appeared shortly after a recent update, it might be worthwhile to monitor for subsequent updates that may address the problem.
  3. Rollback or Update:
    • If the issue started after a recent update, and it's critical to your workflow, you might consider rolling back to a previous version (if feasible) or updating to the latest version (if available) to see if the problem persists.

Before making significant changes, always ensure that you have a backup of important data, and consider consulting with your IT department or professionals if applicable.

Remember, software can be complex, and interactions between different components (Outlook, Exchange, and updates) can sometimes lead to unexpected issues.

Please keep in mind that I am a simple user like you and my knowledge of the possible update errors that currently exist is very limited. The text with the steps was revised with the AI.