SOLVED

Mark as read for all members of group

Copper Contributor

We have a sales group that receives 1000+ emails on a daily basis. They are all in an outlook email group so they all get these emails. The issue comes down to them having to all individually check the emails to see if another member of the team has responded or not. A member of this team has asked me to see if there's a way to mark an email as read for the entire group once it's been dealt with by any member of the team so they can ignore it.

I've come up empty searching the internet, and I don't really think this can be done anyway. But I figured I would ask here before I go back to them with the bad news.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Darkhelmet93 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
By group do you mean an Microsoft 365 Group, or something like a shared mailbox? Per-user status cannot be overridden afaik, but you can use some other visual clues such as flagging the message or stamping a category/label on it. Sadly, those are not supported in a Group mailbox, only in shared ones. Another option is to simply send a "dummy" reply/forward to have the visual indicator on it.
This is about what I was expecting. Thank you!
Unfortunately, this is not possible using vanilla Outlook and 365 Groups, but we offer both an add-in and a browser extension for Outlook that among other things tracks if emails are resolved with an open/closed status and synchronizes categories with your whole team. If you're interested, you can learn more at https://sbx.tools/
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Darkhelmet93 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
By group do you mean an Microsoft 365 Group, or something like a shared mailbox? Per-user status cannot be overridden afaik, but you can use some other visual clues such as flagging the message or stamping a category/label on it. Sadly, those are not supported in a Group mailbox, only in shared ones. Another option is to simply send a "dummy" reply/forward to have the visual indicator on it.

View solution in original post