Mac widget (Big Sur) disappears after new update of Outlook

Brass Contributor

I'm using Outlook for Mac (the New Outlook). Every time there is a version update, the Outlook widget disappears and I have to set it up again. Does this happen to anybody else?

4 Replies
Hi Andre, thanks for reporting this, we reported this issue to Apple and it has been fixed in macOS version 11.3 (still in beta). Once you update to this build, this issue will be resolved.

Thanks!
Faisal J. PM on Outlook for Mac.
Thanks Faisal, but I'm still facing the same problem. Currently on macOS 11.4 and using New Outlook version 16.50.

@Andre Siregar Can you please file a support ticket? In the Outlook Menu, please go to Help > Contact Support. 

@Andre Siregar 

I discovered a way to make the Outlook Calendar widget show up in the Notification Center Widget Gallery.  Essentially I downloaded/installed the Outlook app from the App Store.  This triggered the widget to show up in the Widget Gallery.

Notes: As a precaution I first duplicated the Outlook app (naming it Outlook copy), then after downloading Outlook from the App Store and checking that the widget showed up, I deleted the Outlook app and renamed the copy back to its original name.  I recommend doing this since I don't know if the App Store version of Outlook is different; also, the App Store version was tied to my Apple ID and I did not want that to cause some future issue.

I performed this successful test under macOS Sonoma 14.2.1.