Inbox Email Disappears after Reply

Copper Contributor

I use Outlook on my Desktop and for some reason after I reply to an email the original email immediately disappears from my inbox.  It is not in the deleted folder, and if I search for it, it is nowhere to be found.  This is only happening in the "inbox"....not in any of my other folders.  I do not have any filters at all.

4 Replies

@valerie586 

You can also use Advanced Find to search for missing emails.

If you still can’t find the email, you can try creating a new Outlook profile and importing your old email.

I hope this helps!

Hi as suggested by NikolinoDE, try using Advanced Find to search for them. Also, creating a new Outlook profile might help. Check this helpful resource “Resolve Outlook email disappeared issue “for a step by step guide to fix the disappearing inbox email problem.

See on Sentbox@valerie586 

Yes, when replying, the original email disappears, but remains a part of the sent email in the Sent folder. This just started happening to a new shared email account at work and to my personal account at home. 365 both places (completely different accounts). the outlook accounts at home have been running for 6 or 7 years without this issue.