I deleted a shared mailbox and now Outlook hangs at loading profile

Copper Contributor

I have been running office for my business for years now.  Recently I backed up two shared mailboxes to PST files on my desktop and then deleted the shared mailboxes in the online office admin portal.  Now Outlook will not load and hangs at 'loading profile'.

I have tried almost everything I can find with no success.  I have tried

Deleting, restarting, and reinstalling the office suite.

Loading outlook in safe mode 

Loading outlook in safe mode with networking

I can't get in to delete my user account because outlook will not load.  I have also tried to pause indexing on any files on my computer.  

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon with Windows 10 and the most recent version of office apps.  Can't think of how to get around this and would like to get Outlook to work again.  Thanks in advance for any help!

7 Replies

@derekherrera 

Hi, can you try removing the email profile from Control Panel > Mail

@PeterRising yes I have tried that too.  The account I am having trouble with is a work account and so it only shows the 'manage' option.  When I click on that it takes me to the web browser for online account management.  I already tried to sign out of all devices here but it still didn't help.  Capture.PNG

@derekherrera 

Are you able to try logging in with a fresh Windows user profile, and see if you can successfully load Outlook this way?

@PeterRising I was able to fix the issue but just did a full reformat of the OS.  Thanks!

@derekherrera 

Well that'll do it for sure.  Glad you got it sorted. :smile:

1. Run Outlook as an Administrator
In the search bar, type in Outlook.
In the search results, right-click on Outlook and then select Run as administrator.
Click Yes in the dialog asking for confirmation. This will run Outlook as administrator.

2. Disconnect Your Device From the Internet
Disconnecting Wi-Fi
Click the notification icon in the bottom right to open the Action Center.
In the Action Center, click on Network.
Click on Wi-Fi to turn it off. Enabling Airplane Mode will also turn off Wi-Fi.

Disconnecting LAN
Open the Start menu, then search for Control Panel.
Select Control Panel from the search results.
In Control Panel, go to Network and Sharing Center.
In the left bar, click on Change adapter settings.
Right-click on your Ethernet adapter and then select Disable. This will disconnect your LAN connection. You can enable the connection by right-clicking the adapter and selecting Enable.

This May Work,
Peter