I cannot send email - error mesage "Remote Send Job is in Failed or Quarantined State ..."

Copper Contributor

"Remote Send Job is in Failed or Quarantined State., Sending email is temporarily unavailable for this acccount"

On Tuesday, my primary Outlook email stopped working. I did not change anything. I use a Mac and Office 365. Everything is up to date. Everything else works. I have a second email account that I use with Outlook, and I can send and receive.

18 Replies

I am with this problems since yesterday

Remote Send Job is in Failed or Quarantined State., Sending email is temporarily unavailable for this acccount"

Remote Send Job is in Failed or Quarantined State., Sending email is temporarily unavailable for this acccount. Details: ConnectedAccount:Address:lccortes06@gmail.com, Guid:9dcb4afe-8b59-47ba-9786-ea975a61441d, Status:Retrying, Flags:RemoteSendEnabled, MoveSentMessagesToSentItemsFolder, Quarantined.

@JRLevine 

I am also having the same issue as of today? 

Can anyone help

Hello all.
I have the answer after the Microsoft chat.
Go to the affected account in tools, then remove the account "from all devices". Then add it again.
is this fixed you issue, I am having the same Problem since 22nd April
Yes it did, make sure you use the delete “from all devices” when asked the option.
I initially only chose the one device.
Once deleted just add it back in.
Am using G-suite Email, do i need to follow the same steps
I have G suite as well.
You should only delete your email account on your Mac not the server.
The Above Solution didn't work for me,
I have created a new Profile and added the Email ID's and it worked

Here is the link how you can create new Profail on Mac https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/manage-profiles-or-identities-in-outlook-for-mac-fed2a955...

@eksalih YES! Look, I was trying to solve this problem with my Outlook all the last week! Until I tried to do what you said and it works perfectly.
I actually don't no how to say THANKS, man!

@Creative_Worms  - thank you. That did the trick. There is something that my antivirus program ESET keeps picking up. I think that caused Outlook to mess up. It is a PDF that ESET says is a "pfishing threat". I can't find it on the gmail server or my system. ESET says it cleans the item, but then finds it again. But at least Outlook is working again. Thanks for your help.

I am Having the same problem, Although I deleted the profile and created a new one, uninstall and reinstall the office package, nothing helped. The only thing I did not do is to "delete from all devices" because I did not know what would be the consequences. Would this cause any problems with my other devices?
No. None problem with your other devices.

You do need to remove from all devices. It will not affect anything. @JelloB 

@JRLevine I had this exact same issue and ended up having to delete my account in outlook and then manually reenter it back in as an imap account.

you say "go to the affected account in tools" where am i finding tools?

@Creative_Worms