How do I import my contacts and calender appointments into a new computer?

Brass Contributor

I recently got a new desktop computer and both have Office 365 under the same Microsoft Account ID in both. How do I import my contacts from the old computer to my new one? I already got my email over.

4 Replies

@B_Van_Spanje wrote:

I recently got a new desktop computer and both have Office 365 under the same Microsoft Account ID in both. How do I import my contacts from the old computer to my new one? I already got my email over.

What type of email account do you use?  If the contacts are in a pst file, copy the pst. If they are in a folder named 'this computer only' export them to a CSV or pst then import on the new computer. 

@Diane Poremsky the email account I use for my Office Outlook is my internet provider email account. It does say this computer only so does that mean that I should export my old contacts to the CSV file extention and then import them?

@B_Van_Spanje I think its easier when you export these folders to a CSV file, instead of a pst, but a pst will work too.  Don't forget calendar and tasks if you use those folders. 

@Diane Poremsky I have a similar question 1 day short of one year later! I also installed my internet provider email into Outlook. All messages came out okay but no contacts & no calendar posts!!! Help!!