how do I get the outlook 2019 view in 365 for my "People lists"?

Copper Contributor

MicroSoft 354 won't let me see my contact lists in Outlook like I saw them in the 2019 and 2010 versions of office.  When I click on View.  it only lets me choose between first or last name.  I have watched all the youtube videos I can find but no help.  

1 Reply

@Sylvia_outlook 

In Microsoft 365 Outlook, the default view for the "People" section may be different compared to the Outlook 2019 version. However, you can customize the view settings to achieve a similar layout.

Here is how you can change the view settings in Outlook to display your "People lists" in a way that resembles the Outlook 2019 view:

1. Open Outlook and navigate to the "People" section.
  2. In the toolbar at the top, click on the "View" tab.
  3. In the "Current View" group, click on the "Change View" dropdown arrow.
  4. Select the "Manage Views" option from the dropdown menu.
  5. In the "Manage All Views" dialog box, click on the "New" button.
  6. Enter a name for the new view (e.g., "Outlook 2019 Style").
  7. In the "View Type" section, select "Table" as the view type.
  8. Click on the "OK" button.
  1. In the "Customize View" dialog box, you can customize various settings to resemble the Outlook 2019 layout. For example:
  • Click on the "Columns" button to choose the columns you want to display.
  • Use the "Sort" and "Group By" buttons to set the sorting and grouping options.
  • Adjust other settings like font, format, and filter options as desired.
  1. Once you have customized the view settings, click on the "OK" button to save the changes.
  2. Back in the "Manage All Views" dialog box, select the newly created view from the list.
  3. Click on the "Apply View" button.

Now, your "People lists" in Outlook should be displayed in a view that resembles the Outlook 2019 layout. You can switch between different views by following steps 2 and 3, selecting the desired view from the "Change View" dropdown menu.

Keep in mind that Microsoft 365 may have different options and features compared to Outlook 2019, so the exact replication of the old view might not be possible. However, by customizing the view settings, you can adjust the layout and display of your "People lists" to suit your preferences.