How Can I Resolve QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 83?

Copper Contributor

My computer crashed, so to protect my data, I tried to restore the company file. However, each time I attempted to do so, I received QuickBooks company file error 6000 83. So please help me get rid of this issue.

3 Replies
Hi, reneemiller2024

Getting any error when trying to restore the backup file shows the issues with the location or is damaged. So, if you are trying to restore the backup on your server computer, we suggest you move your company file to the local hard drive and then follow the below steps to fix QuickBooks company file error 6000 83.

1. Close the QuickBooks program on your server computer and then open it on the local computer.
2. Go to the File menu at the top of your screen and then choose Quit QuickBooks Desktop.
3. Click on the Windows icon key on your keyboard to open the Windows Start menu and search for File Explorer.
4. From the options, choose the applications to open.
5. Now, go to My Computer from the navigation bar (it can also be named This PC).
6. Choose C: drive to open it.
7. Now, right-click anywhere on the screen and select New. Then, choose Folder to create a new folder and name it as QB Test Folder.
8. Now, create a backup copy of your company file and save it in the folder you just created on the C: drive.
9. Now, you can successfully restore it by backing up it on your server computer.

Once it's done, you are good to go. If QuickBooks company file error 6000 83 (https://quickbookshelpline7.godaddysites.com/f/quickbooks-error-6000-83-full-description-easiest-sol...) persists, you can visit our detailed article.

@reneemiller2024 

Thanks for the solutions! I tried all of them, but unfortunately, none seemed to fix the QuickBooks Error 6000 83. Just wanted to let you know in case there might be another solution or workaround. I'll also be contacting support to see if they have any further insights.

Quickbooks Help.png

Have you ever encountered QuickBooks Error 6000, -83 while trying to backup or restore your company file? Don't worry; you're not alone! we will guide you through resolving QuickBooks Error 6000,-83 step by step. So sit back, relax, and let's tackle this issue together!

Read this article: https://shorturl.at/lwHx0