Help Sought About Outlook Name Change

Copper Contributor

I wish to change my current email account name and continually find myself up against a wall. This is the route offered by Microsoft Office help:

1) On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.

2) Select View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.

3) In the list, click the e-mail account you want, and then click Change.

Now hold it right there. . . On the E-mail Accounts dialogue box (below where it states: "Outlook processes e-mail for these accounts in the following order:") all I get is complete blankness. Certainly my outlook email address is nowhere to be seen, never mind anything else. Moreover, of the six buttons on the right of the dialogue box, the only one that's not greyed out is Add. . . So I click on it and six radio buttons appear. These are as follows: Microsoft Exchange Server/ POP3/IMAP/HTTP/Additional Server Types. None of these options leads to anywhere encouraging. Meanwhile running along the top of this dialogue box is this banner statement: "Server Type. You can choose the type of server your new e-mail account with work with."

The point, of course, is that I don't want to choose another type of server. All I want to do is change the name of my current email outlook name. So can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? Thanks in advance. 

0 Replies