First contact safety tip blocking Outlook message preview

Copper Contributor

When enabled in Microsoft 365, the First Contact Safety Tip fills the Outlook preview of messages with the "You don't often get email from..." warning, which renders the preview function useless.

Can the text box be ignored by the preview pane and only show in the main body email window? Or possibly the text box displaying the warning can be removed by the user once it has been seen?

3 Replies
Yes, this is driving our users crazy. The only 2 suggestions I've seen so far are to disable the Standard Preset security policy or to turn off the preview feature. That sounds ideal, either reduce our security or disable functionality, good one MS.

@andrew_morrison 

I am an independent advisor answering questions about Outlook.

Recently, I have noticed this message, too. I don't remember getting it before.

• Here's a summary of what I have learned so far:
  • The IT Administrator is responsible for managing Anti-Phishing policies.
  • Microsoft and many other organizations prioritize security and include a warning message in Outlook and Teams to help users avoid opening messages from unknown senders.
  • If you don't want to see the message, you can temporarily turn off Message Preview, but this may not be the best solution for everyone.
  • It's important to note that this guideline applies to all versions of Outlook.
  •  If you want more information about the warning message, you can click on the link provided, which will take you to an article, Protect yourself from phishing - Microsoft Support.

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as the best response, which will assist others with the same question.

/Teresa
#traccreations4e

A visualization of how absolutely ridiculously irritating this is. Just shorted it in in the outlook preview to "FIRSTCONTACT" or something

JGrote_0-1708979347976.png