SOLVED

Find Related messages

Copper Contributor

Can anyone help with my Find Related Messages in this Conversation function not working?

48 Replies
Hi All, got this email from MS, 

Friday, November 26, 2021 6:07 AM GMT
Hi Team, 

Greetings, Hope you are doing great today. 

I do apologize for the previous information, there is a bug for Outlook client search with the recent update:
This is now investigation state it will fix in the next update. 
We have internal reference:  

If there is anything else I can help you with please feel free to let me know, It is my plessure to assist you.  

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Online Services Technical Support.

Best Regards,
-------------------------------
Microsoft 365 Support Engineer
This is an issue in the latest Outlook update. After clicking Find Related>Messages in this conversation' go to the search bar at the top and enter '[' & ']' each side of the word of the conversation e.g. [Conversation]:="Test Search". This is a work-around until MS release a patch.

@SamuelPegg 

I remember having this problem in a previous release of Outlook. It was a few years ago, but it seems as though a MS tech reindexed the contact list and that fixed the problem. It may have been that the "Pointer" was not looking at the right file.

check your logs.

We need this fix.

Thanks,

Len

@James_McQuaker1977 

Hi All,

I have found a workaround for now until Microsoft solves the issue:

Example:

Conversation:=”Some email subject”

Just add a [ ] around Conversation

So as follows:

[Conversation]:=”Some email subject”

Thanks @Vincent3001
Seems to be fixed in the latest update (Version 2111 Build 16.0.14701.20206) !
Excellent news. It's such a useful function for managing emails. Updated 365 this morning and it's back!
Es verdad! hoy actualicé y la funcionalidad está OK, gracias MS :)

It's been a couple months from the last post, but I'm having the opposite problem.

The search doesn't work with the brackets which has been suggested.  In fact, when I right click on a message and select Find Related -> Messages in this Conversation it defaults the following in the search field (including the brackets):

[Conversation]:="Reach out to vendors"

But I always get No Results.

When I choose Find Related -> Messages from Sender, it defaults the following in the search field:

For this, it works perfectly fine.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Outlook version 2202 (Build 14931.20132)