Files Do Not Appear in Folders in Outlook after moving them from Inbox

Copper Contributor

Hello!  I have a situation that I cannot find a remedy for, and I'm hoping someone can direct me to finding a solution.  I'm a long-time user of Outlook, and I've never seen this happen before.  I am with a new company and I am setting up new folders in my left pane of Outlook in my Inbox, and when I move an email from my Inbox to a new folder, it does not appear in that folder.  My husband and I have looked at every possible setting, and we cannot come up with a reason as to why this is happening.  We tried setting up a filter last week for a different issue, and we notice that when we click on a new folder, and we remove this filter in the setting, the emails will then appear.  However, I have to do this for "every" new folder I set up.  Very time consuming and inefficient.  I've tried removing the filter altogether, as I no longer need it, but it appears to continue showing up with each new folder I create.  Can anyone advise how to rectify this issue?  I do not want to remove a filter with each new folder I create, and I no longer need this filter.  Is there a way to reset my filters without messing things up further?  Thanks for your help!

0 Replies